We have a special announcement! With over 180,000 registered commanders in our community and a grand total of 77,000 days or 211 years of game time during its Alpha. You’ve been helping us every step of the way and we are proud to announce that Starborne will be heading into Open Beta on April 2nd with a wealth of new additions and improvements.
Now with five years of alpha testing under our belt, Starborne is now about to enter the next exciting stage of its development cycle.
The team has been hard at work creating a brand new game map that really distills all the lessons learnt. It features dedicated safer starting zones and higher resource yielding areas that will incentivise expansion. This empire land-rush will make the game more dynamic and for the first time ever; there will be three unique ways to win a game of Starborne: through military conquest deep in the galaxy, industrial superiority by completing a Dyson Sphere or through dominion by controlling the most territory in the galaxy. Additionally, a core focus has been put on making the game more robust and new player friendly. The best thing? You can jump onto our 2 week test server that went live today, get to know the map and help us in the process.
The key features and additions being introduced for the Starborne Open Beta:
- A new map with zones that encourage expansion and empire building
- Three distinct victory conditions catering to different play-styles.
- Military, Industrial and Domain victories available
- Improved game performance and stability
- Alliance sizes reduced to 15
- Coalitions – the alliance of alliances – are no longer a part of the frontier.
- Mysterious alien artifacts, vortexes and broken planets are now part littered around the map to discover.
- For the very first time: an in-game Tutorial
- Badges to commemorate your progress and your achievements on the frontier
- Brand new Empire Skins and
- Map Pins to help plan and coordinate your efforts across your alliance!