Starborne: Frontiers - Patch 3.14
- The credit cost to remove equipment from units has been removed.
- 10 new ultimate implants have been added to the pool of implants and will be obtainable once the February Abyss season begins.
UI, Visual & Audio Changes
- Removed many incidental sounds from combat to reduce audio clutter.
This may lead to improved combat and CPU performance.
- Common stat change buffs and debuffs now have no sound by default unless a custom/unique sound has been designated.
- More sounds have been added to buffs/debuffs to add weight/importance to high-impact abilities (like stasis or corrosion).
- Reduced the duration of many sounds to decrease the amount of audio overlap between abilities.
- Removed ship positioning sounds and turn order complete timer sound as these were happening multiple times per unit turn being highly repetitive.
- Added low pass filter to combat FX channel to reduce problematic high-frequencies and to add a sense of distance/space.
- Added cinematic sounds for the SOVA intro sequence.
- Added a feature to the audio engine to skip the playing of duplicate sound effects on the same frame, helping reduce instances of clipping and distortion.
- Fixed an issue with Arena matchmaking using the entire attack history when ignoring opponents, instead of the last few.
- Fixed a visual issue with the multi-battle info panel.
- Fixed an issue that could occur when modifying the arena team coming from the Unit Management panel.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect equipment to be displayed when equipment is removed from a unit other than the one currently selected.
- Fixed an issue causing the wrong credit values to be displayed in the multi-battle summary panel.
- Fixed multiple visual issues with combat outcome panels.
- Fixed an issue with character portraits not being aligned properly in the Index panel.
- Fixed an issue with the milestone rewards point goals in the January Abyss season.
- Fixed an issue with Abyss season end and start label alignments in the Starmap panel.
- Fixed an issue blocking switching between Abyss clusters whilst cluster reveals are happening when auto panning to new cluster is disabled.
- Fixed an issue causing unit status hex UI to display overlapping pre-combat and in-combat states simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue causing certain unit ability FX to trigger despite having no targets.