Starborne: Sovereign Space, The Omega Project!
Tue Dec 15 2020 (Updated: Thu Jan 28 2021) - 1 min read
The Omega Project is the latest Sovereign Space game mode and goes live Thursday, December 17th!
With the three blocs at total war, independent exploration of the galaxy collapses as Dyson usage becomes heavily restricted and conscription becomes widely reinstated. A deep resentment rises among commanders about what they view as removal of their freedoms and forced military service. Seeking to capitalize on the unrest, the major factions known as the Sovereign Six open up a new frontier in the Cassiopeia region under the name The Omega Project.
- Game duration: 4 weeks.
- New map design (smallest Sovereign Space map ever!) with 500 starting positions.
- Alliance Size: 16.
- Victory Conditions:
- The alliance with the most victory points at the end of the game wins (with alliance claim size being the tiebreaker).
- If any alliance manages to hold a majority of victory points for 72 hours, the game will conclude and the holding alliance declared the winner.
- Players are free to build any combination of outposts regardless of building composition. Organization restrictions remain the same.
- Alliance Stations removed from the game! Yup, you read that right.
- Forward Operating Bases are significantly cheaper to build and come ready for use when built (no building upgrades required).
- Forward Operating Bases per alliance: 4.
- Changes to store content include price reductions and new offers. Most notable of which is that the $4.99 Starter Pack now includes a four-week premium.
- Outpost hit points reduced by 30%.
- Time and resource cost of buildings and ships adjusted to a 4-week game.
- Station sabotage defense lowered by 30% and duration increased to 3 hours.
- Missile Battery firepower increased by 100% and radius of influence by 1.
- All empires now start with 1 augment point aside from Terran Combine which will have 3.
- Default resource streaming capacity of Terran Combine stations increased by 300.
- Colonial Relay level bonus to Mining Colony’s harvest rate increased to 25%.
Happy frontier holidays commanders!