Patch b1.8 - Change Log
Tue Jun 02 2020 (Updated: Mon Dec 14 2020) - 2 min read
- Fleet movement icons now have color-coding to show ownership:
- Player – Cyan
- Alliance – Blue
- Other – Purple
- Incoming Attack – Pink
- Players can now cancel fleet movements by clicking the ‘Return’ icon when hovering over the appropriate item in the bottom HUD fleets panel. Holy moly! What a time to be alive!
- Hovering over a fleet item in the bottom HUD panel which is on a movement will highlight all other fleets on the same movement. Schwing!
- Fleet items in hud now have added tooltip explaining if they are out of supply.
- Added confirmation dialog when selecting faction. No more
tearswrong factions being assigned!
- Added Mark all as Read button to combat reports panel.
- Added Alliance Tag to spy reports.
- Upgraded game engine to the latest version Unity from 2018 to 2019. Shiny.
- Scan movements can now only have 1 fleet. Sorry, not sorry! No more probe stacking!
- Solar Flare spawning is now more evenly distributed. Essentially flares will spawn over the full two hour window. It was a massive performance drain having them all spawn – even within the 5 to 10 minute window we gave them.
- New art: Faction banners updated.
- New art: Videos for offer bundles.
- Toggling UI off now removes the view mode toggles and map pins. Yiss.
- Premium Permits are now account-only items. Can be bought on any servers and used on any servers.
- Player name is now shown in notifications about failed spy attempts. Spicy.
- Alliance movements
- Alliance Assaults will now be automatically canceled if the target station was destroyed or removed through other means.
- Alliance Build movements will now be automatically canceled if the hex becomes unavailable.
- Can now have variable lethality, some long term changes here and there. Expanding our frameworks.
- Can now be configured to instantly respawn fleets.
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to transfer troop carriers to fleets.
- Fixed reroll button not working for tomorrow’s daily challenges if the same daily challenge slot was already claimed.
- Fixed an issue where, if a queued item was waiting for resources and one or more resources had zero production per hour, the queue UI would break. Classic divide by zero.
- Fixed the indicator displaying login rewards after they had all been claimed.
- Fixed position of labor column in Freight panel.
- Fixed reports showing up blank when opening combat reports panel.
- Fixed the search functionality within combat reports.
- Fixed Spy report headers not displaying long names correctly.
- Reduced client error log clutter.
- Many sprite and UI assets in the client have been tightly optimized, and redundant assets removed, which should result in smaller downloads and better client UI performance.
- Cleaned and restructured the Starborne client project to help speed up development time.
- Improved performance for Cancellation of scheduled Fleet departures.
- Improved performance when removing and/or sending Fleets away from destroyed Stations.
- When starting the game the launcher no longer shows “Servers are under maintenance” message.
- A Recommended server is now displayed in the server list to make it easier for new players to jump into the freshest/promoted server.
- Refactored how the patcher gets disposed, reducing the chances of it running hidden in the background. Naughty patcher!